In 1986 Craig Dunn Pontiac Buick GMC LTD became the first Dealership to become a member of the Murray Auto Group.
After 6 years of growth Craig Dunn Pontiac became Craig Dunn Motor City with the acquisition of Edmondson Chevrolet Oldsmobile. The Dealerships merged in October of 1992 and moved to its third location at Highway 1A west and became the first four line Dealership to be approved by GM since 1984. Overnight the staff grew to 33 employees.
By 1997 sales, service, parts and collision repair had grown significantly and the need for a new, larger state of the art facility began to take shape. With 43 employees we were out of room. Land was purchased on Sissons Drive which was literally agricultural land without an access road and construction began in early spring of 2008. The 26200 square facilities were opened on October 1st 2008. This facility has been completely remodelled to GM’s new standard since.
We are proud of our people and the hard work and dedication they bring to work every day. We are very fortunate and proud to have become partners with four of our employees. These Dealerships are also members of the Murray Auto Group.
THE HISTORY OF THE MURRAY AUTO GROUP
The Murray Auto Group started in Souris Manitoba in 1926 and has been serving Western Canada for over 90 years.