The 2017 Chevy Colorado ZR2 offers similar maneuverable dimensions and powertrain options as compared to the standard Chevy Colorado, but it does offer some significant differences. Two main features are a wider track and a lifted suspension, which offers up to two inches more ground clearance. Other great off-roading features on the new Chevy Colorado ZR2 include:
- Front and rear locking differentials
- Multimatic DSSV damper technology for enhanced handling and performance
- Steel-tube rocker protectors and modified front and rear bumpers
- Skid plates for radiator, engine oil pan, and transfer case
- 17-inch aluminum wheels with 31-inch Goodyear Duratrac off-road tires
- Four-wheel drive with nine drive configurations
- Available bed-mounted spare tire
Powertrain on the 2017 Chevy Colorado ZR2
Buyers of the 2017 Chevy Colorado ZR2 with have two engine options. A new 3.6-litre V6 gas engine will be able to produce 308 horsepower and 275 pound-feet of torque. This engine will come mated to the class-exclusive Hydra-Matic eight-speed automatic transmission. The Colorado ZR2 will also be available with a Duramax diesel engine rated for 181 horsepower and 369 pound-feet of torque, which also provides excellent fuel consumption numbers.
We’re not sure when we can expect the 2017 Chevy Colorado ZR2 to be released in North America, but keep watching this blog, or contact a member of our Craig Dunn Motor City sales team, for updates as we get them.