The 2017 Chevy Camaro ZL1 convertible just made its debut at the New York Auto Show, and we are over the moon at the power and track-ready fun built into this sleek new vehicle, and its coupe counterpart. Outfitted with a 6.2-litre V8 engine rated for an estimated 640 horsepower, matched to either a six-speed manual or 10-speed automatic transmission, this sport-optimized wonder car is poised to burn up the road.
Read More: Flashback to the 1967 Chevy Camaro Z28
2017 Chevy Camaro ZL1 Canadian Release Date
The coupe and convertible body styles of the 2017 Chevy Camaro ZL1 share a track-optimized chassis, engine and driver control system, and therefore can deliver on comparable performance. The coupe model will go on sale in Canada and across North America later this year, with the convertible version making its appearance at dealerships in early 2017.
Camaro ZL1 Performance Features
The standard 2016 Chevy Camaro offers multiple engine options, including one that was honored as one of Ward’s Ten Best Engines, but the new engine and performance enhancements in the Camaro ZL1 are going to blow them out of the water. Some performance features include:
- A double layer grille opening designed for optimal air intake to the engine
- Aerodynamically refined front splitter, rockers, front fenders and wing-style rear spoiler
- Performance Track Management and an electronic limited-slip differential
- A performance-tuned suspension with Magnetic Ride Control
- Custom Launch Control and a Driver Mode Selector
- 20-inch forged aluminum wheels with Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tires
- Brembo brakes with six-piston monobloc front calipers
The 2017 Chevy Camaro ZL1 is 90 kilograms lighter than the previous model, which creates an improved power-to-weight ratio. That means even more engaging handling and maneuverability. Best of all, this vehicle is track-ready straight from the factory floor.
The ZL1 will feature stylish and supportive Recaro front seats and a suede flat-bottom steering wheel and shift knob.