Thanksgiving 2016 in Portage La Prairie MB
Canadian Thanksgiving is right around the corner (coming up on Monday, October 10), so it might be a good time to start making plans. Whether you always go to one house on Thanksgiving, or you have to find something new to do this year, it’s good to be prepared. If you’ve been wondering what’s open for Thanksgiving 2016 in Portage La Prairie MB as far as shopping and other opportunities, here are a few of the things that we’ve been able to find out.
Grocery Stores in Portage La Prairie MB
Sometimes you get all the way to Thanksgiving and then realize that you need that one item to put the finishing touches on your Thanksgiving feast. We don’t have solid opening and closing times for all of these locations in Portage La Prairie MB, but we are estimating based on Sunday and holiday hours.
- Walmart – One of the few times that we are sure of, Walmart will be open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving, October 10, 2016.
- Sobeys – Usually open 8 a.m. to 10 p.m on Mondays, Sobeys in Portage La Prairie MB may be open from 10 a.m to 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving because those are Sunday hours.
- Portage Supermarket Ltd – Usually open from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Mondays, the Portage Supermarket may offer Sunday hours: 11 a.m to 6:30 p.m.
- Portage La Prairie Co-Op – For Labour Day, the Portage La Praire Co-Op River Road, Marketplace and Austin Gas Bars were open 7 a.m to 10 p.m. The Marketplace Food Store and MacGregor Farm and Building were closed. We don’t know yet, but we’re hoping the Co-Op has similar hours for Thanksgiving.
- Liquor Mart – Another location where we have official Thanksgiving 2016 opening times, the Liquor Mart will be open 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Prepare for Winter: Check Out Our Winter Tire Program
Shopping and Gifts on Thanksgiving in Portage La Prairie
- Schapansky’s Florists – Not only will Schapansky’s Florists be open, but they may be open to delivery for that special someone or to create a great Thanksgiving centerpiece.
- Portage La Prairie Mall – The Mall usually open Monday to Friday 10 a.m. – 9 p.m. Not sure yet if they will be closed or using Sunday hours (noon to 5 p.m.)
Do you know more of what’s open Thanksgiving 2016 in Portage La Prairie MB? Let us know in the comments!